Remember when all people asked for were business cards and brochures? If you attended a networking event empty handed, that was exactly how you were going to leave – with nothing. Advertising is still the rage and people do take business cards, but there is one difference – the content on the card has changed. Traditional addresses are often replaced by website addresses.
Your Business Needs a Website Now
Still on the fence about a website? It’s time to hop off, and here’s why.
- You are out of the loop – Just like no one would have given you a second thought if you didn’t have a card or brochure, when they find out you don’t have a website for your business, you will, by all accounts, be taken less seriously.
- An excellent advertising tool – While you have all those brochures, flyers, business cards and ads already, make them perform double duty by adding your website address to them. People can share your information with potential customers who are not local so they can see what you are offering as well.
- Your business is never closed – Just like those diners that are “Open All Night,” you are as well, but without the need to actually be awake for it. Potential customers can find helpful information any time of the day or night (and from anywhere on the globe). AND… If you have an e-commerce store set up, they can also make a purchases while you sleep!
- Pay more attention to making money – Instead of answering the same question for the umpteenth time over the phone or through email, use an FAQ page on your website.
- Save money in the long run – Yes, you will save money even if you pay a professional to handle the set-up of your site. Over time, the monthly cost will decrease as your revenue increases.
- Build brand awareness and credibility – A business that invests in a website shows a commitment to building the business. With a logo, brand, and website you’ll always be seen as a professional in your industry. And if you maintain a blog about relevant industry information, then you’re definitely in for a win. Compelling content that is fresh easily builds reputation and credibility.
- Updates are easy – Want customers to know about a new product line? Advertise on your website. This makes email marketing easy because you don’t have to fill your copy with information they can find on your site. Simply plug in the new stuff and direct them to a landing page.
- Customers multiply like rabbits – A website has a worldwide audience. Instead of just those who live in Poughkeepsie, you can reach people in New Delhi, Tokyo and Vancouver. Everyone who might be interested in what you have to offer can find you.
So what are you waiting for? That website won’t build itself!